Friday 18 September 2015

Full.Stop.

It’s been a torrid kind of week.
Not everyone gets to bid a quasi-permanent farewell to their SO 
as they depart for distant shores.
DO pass go.
Do NOT return.
Rambling at the Domain whilst the flatmate writes a test
It’s a full stop kind of moment.
The end of a sentence.
Both literally AND figuratively.
The start of a new chapter for both of us.
Albeit in different countries.
My feelings are a bit bizarre at the moment
Optimistic but  sad. 
I couldn’t imagine a more different set of circumstances or sequence of events.
It’s all so far removed from reality.
As is my wont when soul food is needed
I took to the beach with the lemmings and a hound in tow.
They’re special, these lemmings of mine.
As is the hound.
“She loved the sea.
She liked the sharp salty smell of the air,
and the vastness of the horizons bounded only by a vault of azure sky above.
It made her feel small, but free as well.”
~ George R.R. Martin
Ah yes.  
Freedom.
It’s vastly undervalued as the SO will attest.


The lemmings and I shared hugs as our footsteps stretched out behind us. What’s done is done.  It cannot be undone.

The story of life must continue.
There are new chapters to be written.  New worlds to explore.
Missing a middle lemming ..... 

I am not one for wallowing in misery.  The time we have on this planet is finiteIt’s not meant to be wasted in wallowing.
Unless it’s in mud.
So I will keep SMILING and SNAPPING (crocodile fashion) 
and letting the words TUMBLE out of my mouth.
Cause that's what I do best.
Life has no meaning.  
Each of US has meaning and WE bring it to life.”
~ Joseph Campbell
She wasn't sure WHAT to make of the statue ... so she barked at it.

No comments: