Tuesday 11 June 2013

After yesterday's excitement, things returned to normal ...

So after the excitement of yesterday's impromptu television appearance, things returned to normal this morning.  Just the hound and us on the beach .... no film truck, no film crew and no Weatherman.

Just water and waves and logs and a ball.

I need to remember that the hound is NEVER too tired to carry a log home.  That’s just an act to get US ... the lemmings and me that is .... to play tug-of-war with her.  

Kind soul that I am, I picked up the log she was carrying when she dropped it.  She looked at me with those soulful eyes .... and yes, they’re irresistible.  So I picked up the log.  Picking up the log triggers an instantaneous energy boost in her and she grabs the other end.

The oldest lemming thought he had a good idea.  You take one end Mom and I’ll take the other and the hound can carry the middle .... yeah right.

As we’re trying to walk up the hill each carrying an end of the log, she’s in the middle trying to drag the log back down to the beach!  It just DOESN’T work.

As hard as we pulled UP the hill, she pulled just as hard DOWN the hill.  It was TWO against ONE but she’s SO strong!  I suppose it DIDN’T help that we were almost doubled over with laughter.  

It was an hilarious end to a rather dark morning ramble.

There aren’t many photo opportunities in the mornings at the moment.  It’s too dark when we exit the house at 6.30am.  That sun of mine isn’t rising till 7.30 or later so most of our ramble happens in the dark on the days that I’m working.  Whilst I don’t mind the cold and the winter weather, I DO mind the darkness.

Not that it bothers the hound.  She doesn’t take the photographs though.

I missed an amazing photo opportunity this evening.  Walking home from a Pilates class I see the New Moon setting over my city.  It’s huge and it looks amazing.  I race home, as fast as my Pilates weary limbs can carry me .... grab the camera ... and race back down to where I’d seen the moon.

It was gone.  It had rapidly dropped over the horizon in the time it had taken me to get the camera. That’ll teach me to leave the camera at home.

“There is a morning inside you waiting to burst forth into light.” 
~ Rumi

No comments: