Sunday 14 June 2015

We're back!

“Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other’s eyes.  
For an instant?” 
~ Henry David Thoreau
I’m no longer lost in another kind of world WITHOUT broadband!
It’s ominous how forgranted we take it until it’s no longer there.
So much of what we do, and how we operate, 
is dependent on that little signal that connects us to the worldwide web.
Phew.  Let’s not get started on the pros and cons of internet dependency.
Suffice to say I’m glad to be back on line.
This is my first blog in nearly a month and so much has happened.
A “working” car.  
Deportation for the SO.  
Broken phone.  
Moving.  
Winter markets.
It would be easy to dwell on negatives and the impact they have on my life,
 but that’s not the path I choose to take.
Yes.  The SO being deported is NOT the outcome I had in mind.  
The DIP’s decision isn’t negotiable though.
The SO will be deported on parole.
End of story.
Now is not the time for me to be making decisions about MY future.
That will happen when it ought.
For now I’m focused on surviving each day with my sanity intact
and earning enough to pay the increased rental at our new home.
Yes.  Finding a rental property that is hound friendly hasn’t been easy.
Or more affordable.
Moving home has meant no more early morning beach rambles
as the sand and the waves are no longer on our doorstep.
I’ve discovered another water source though just a hop, skip and a jump away.
By car that is.
The hound and I now traverse the Panmure Basin on the mornings I work.
It’s lovely and the birdlife is prolific.
My changed surroundings have had unexpected repercussions.  
I’m discovering walks close by that I wasn’t aware of.
Auckland’s rambling network is huge and largely unpublicised. 
Tuesday saw the hound and I tuck the 14km Rotary Walkway under our belt.
It was an awesome morning’s ramble along the Tamaki River.
A low tide and mist made it eerily soulful.
Just what the doctor ordered!
There’s a sense of calm to life at the moment, 
despite the discontent and upheaval of the last month.
I don’t know what the future holds.
I do know though that it WON’T be insurmountable.

“If the day and the night are such that you greet them with joy, 
and life emits a fragrance like flowers and sweet-scented herbs, 
is more elastic, more starry, more immortal
 ... THAT is your success.” 
~ Henry David Thoreau 
Hmmm .... I seem to have a liking for Henry David Thoreau quotes at the moment.  
He’s obviously talking to my soul.

No comments: