Monday 18 May 2015

BE the ripple

“Bad things do happen; 
how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. 
I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, 
immobilized by the gravity of my situation, 
or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have 
- life itself.”
~ Walter Anderson
I will always choose life.
Even when everything that’s happening makes NO sense at all.
No sense to me that is.
Embracing the change is mandatory.
Thriving on it ISN’T always easy.
Laughter helps.
Believing in the magic of moments helps too.
Magic, in the words of Dynamo the magician, 
is about creating a moment of wonder where anything
even for a short time, is eminently possible.
Life IS magical.
I see it on a daily basis.
Even when it’s pissing down with rain.
Another entrepreneur and photographer who’s wisdom 
and talent I admire immensely, 
said it quite succinctly.
Make a difference.  You are like a stone in a pond
... BE the ripple.” 
~ Marlene Neumann
She's SHARING the love ...
I love ripples 
and ponds 
and water.
And reflections of course.
Tiny little ripples touching everything.
Unavoidable.
Magical.
Ripples of kindness behave in the same fashion.
One kindness begets another.
And the ripples continue.
Touching.
Expanding.
Enhancing.
Kindness IS an exchange
... with unpredictable consequences.
It changes people.
Both giver AND receiver.
It’s changed me.
It changes all of us.


No comments: