Tuesday 27 January 2015

Chaotic moments breed chaotic thoughts

Fireworks for Auckland's Anniversary Weekend
“There is always a certain peace in being what one is, 
in being that completely.” 
~ Ugo Betti
I’m comfortable in my own skin.  
Most of the time.

All of us though, in varying degrees and at varying times, need the support of our friends.
I wouldn’t have survived this last year WITHOUT that support.

Melancholy has reared it’s ugly head more frequently recently than at any other time in my life.  

There are days when I don’t know how I’m going to make it through.
But I do.

A message.  
A heartfelt hug.  
A call.
Long chats with like-minded souls.

All play their part in making this journey more bearable.
As do morning rambles with the hound.
The chaos that is my life serves it’s own purpose.
Chaotic moments breed chaotic thoughts.
Chaotic thoughts fuel creativity.
Why is it that when life is ripped asunder by uncertainty and fear, 
SO much more is visible?
There’s a clarity that wasn’t there before.
A direction that, despite the uncertainty, is clearly marked.
How weird is that.
Before the crowds descend on The Cloud
As I walked the mudflats this morning with the hound
and marveled at the magnificence Mother Nature laid out before us, 
I felt a calmness I haven’t felt in a while.
I felt a strength growing from deep within.
This is not an easy journey to be on.
But it has ‘grown me’.
She caught a crab in the rock pool and ate it.
I no longer question the vagaries of life.
There are no perfect answers.
THIS is the hand I’ve been dealt.
I must do with it what I can.
The light wasn't brilliant this morning but this little girl didn't move.
“When we lose the right to be different
we lose the privilege to be free.” 
~ Charles Evans Hughes
... even when I got this close to her.


No comments: