Wednesday 7 May 2014

Thinking too much hijacks my thoughts.

Some mornings stun me into silence
 As from today I will NOT allow my mind to HIJACK my thoughts.
“You will find that it is necessary to let things go; 
simply for the reason that they are heavy.” 
~ anon.
I’ve been having a confidence crisis.
3 markets down since the significant other was incarcerated and each time I participate,
 I’m more and more fearful.
It’s a mind game.  
One that my mind is playing far too well.
Franky trying to pinch the hound's log
Thoughts can be my best friend and my worst enemy.  
They pop into my head without permission and faster than the eye can blink.  
They don’t leave quite as quickly though and the emotions they stir up are distracting.
Until I learn to OBSERVE what’s on the inside of my mind without being judgmental, 
the external world that I perceive and experience around me 
will continue to be a reflection of those thoughts.  
They’re not always good ones.
Wet and misty morning at the view-site
It’s that thinking too much thingy.
Almost as bad as the words falling out of my mouth thingy.
The words falling out of my mouth thingy DOESN’T hijack my thoughts though.  
The thinking too much thingy does.
Franky running rings around the hound and barking at her!
“ ... the problem most people have is NOT knowing how to STOP thinking."
~ Eckhard Tolle
Guilty as charged.
I alone am responsible for creating the world in which I live.
Something the oldest lemming keeps reminding me of.
On Sunday I had the privilege of dining out with T.  
I don’t think she knows how much of an impact she has on my life.  
She is a light-bringer.  
She allows me to see things through her eyes and, when viewed from that perspective, 
they’re not quite as scary as I once thought.
We laugh a lot too and I like that.
We also feed each others souls.
I like that even more.
My world is just awesome
“The free soul is rare but you know it when you see it because you feel good, 
very good, when you are near or with them."
~ Charles Bukowski
Playing with sunsets and silhouettes

No comments: