Friday 2 May 2014

Dragons CAN be beaten.

 “We have to listen to the child we once were, the child who still exists inside us. 
That child understands magic moments.” 
~ Paulo Coelho
Even in the midst of all the upheaval in my life, magic moments still happen.
It would be remiss of me NOT to take cognisance of them and 
FOOLISH in the extreme NOT to enjoy them.
THIS morning was one of those magical moments.
Heaven on my doorstep.  
Bright sunshine, cobalt blue skies and a nip 
in the early morning air that’s indicative of winter approaching.
I love it.
Cooper  trying to help Sam retrieve the ball
Mornings like this are sublime.
Even the hound feels it.
There’s an enthusiasm in her that is palpable.
Our ramble to the viewsite is done at her pace.
There are pee-mails to read.  
Hounds to greet.
Fur-balls to terrorise.
Sometimes little steps at a slower pace are necessary.
As I breathe in the crispness of the morning air, a sense of calm envelops me.
Paradise DOES exists.  I live in it.
The waves are calling though and the hound’s pace quickens as our descent to the beach begins. 
 She can smell the saltiness in the air.
There are logs in abundance on the sand so the ball’s been left at home.  
The feet-seeking missile arrives and my job begins in earnest.  
Log after log after log is flung into the waves for one or other Labrador to retrieve.

It's not just our hounds entertaining the locals this morning.
Winter hours ensure a larger than usual puddle of hounds on the sand.
Whilst I amuse the hounds Carol responds to calls on her mobile phone.
It’s being more demanding than is it’s usual want.
Humphrey, whoever he is, must have given the wrong number to his doctor.
It’s ok Humphrey. 
You might not know your current state of health but Carol sure does.
Cooper bounces ...
Ah yes, my world is as good as it can be at the moment. 
 I’m learning to dance in the chaos.
... over the waves.
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that Dragons exist, 
but because they tell us that Dragons can be beaten.” 
~ G.K. Chesterton

No comments: