Friday 9 May 2014

How I LOVE Fridays

Reality ISN’T black and white.  
Answers don’t always have to be a Yes or a No.  
If I don’t want to do anything today, I don’t have to!
(Courtesy of The Universe)
How I LOVE Fridays!

I choose NOTto ignore the strident tone of that early morning wake-up call,
 even though it’s  Friday.
The weatherman’s forecasting rain but my friend google has reliably informed me that early morning cloud coverage will be sparse.  
Perfect for greeting Mr. Sun as he starts his journey into my day.
There’s a spring in our step as we head out the door.
The hound’s tail is wagging nineteen to the dozen.  
She loves these early morning rambles almost as much as I do.
Friday’s are special.  
There are no time constraints.  
No deadlines to meet. 
Just the hound, the camera and me.
It’s my kind of heaven.

Pink-tinged cotton wool clouds announce the imminent arrival of the sun.
There’s a perceptible sense of stillness in the morning air. 
Raindrops glisten on every surface as we trot along the path beneath the trees.

Yes .... I trot too.
These morning moments are magical.
They imbue my day with a sense of calm and balance
all necessary for this emotional roller-coaster of a journey we’re on.
We met a Bandit on the beach today!
It would be foolish of us all, lemmings included, 
to not give cognisance to the emotions we feel about the situation we’re in.
They’re necessary.
Anger is necessary.
Pain and a sense of loss is necessary.
Compassion is necessary too.
They had their OWN little conversation ... he explained his point of view
Today though, I’m NOT letting them derail me.
I’m choosing to be IN this morning’s moments, warts and all.
.... and she told him where to get off!
I have hounds to meet and greet and balls to throw.
Then the feet-seeking missile arrived.
Even with everything that’s happening in my world, 
there are still moments that make me pause and smile.  
Let me NEVER lose the ability to see them.
“In any given moment we have two options: 
to step forward into growth or to step back into safety.” 
~ Abraham Maslow

It's been an absolutely glorious morning.

No comments: