Wednesday 11 November 2015

Bubbles

“Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like 
and celebrating it for everything that it is.”
~ Mandy Hale
No matter how tough life might get, there is gorgeousness EVERYwhere!

On our rambles.

At the markets.
... and I have been having an ABUNDANCE 
of joy at the markets!

On our adventures into the country.
I am SO enjoying those adventures into the country!
I was SO wrong though when I thought that, with the deportation of the SO, 
life would settle down and return to some kind of normality.
It hasn’t.
Anything but.
It’s easy to feel vulnerable.
Alone
And a little bit lost.
Then Mother Nature sends me a wow moment and everything that’s wrong with my world seems SO insignificant.
Even though it isn’t.
As long as I can continue to SEE and FEEL and
HEAR all that gorgeousness, 
then I know I  can cope.
Even our most difficult moments bring us gifts.
Exploring parts of the Kaipara Highway has become the norm on my day off.
There’s so much to see and enjoy.
Bouncy country lanes that lead everywhere
 ... and nowhere.
Abandoned buildings that time
- and man -
has forgotten.
Delapidated and derelict but beautiful in their very own way.
All jaunts into the country culminate in the spa on Kaipara.
I’m not sure who enjoys my visits more.
The hounds or Yvonne.
I do know though that I arrive home rejuvenated and refreshed.
Copious amounts of bubbles 
- both in the spa and in the glass -
do that to one.
“The reed that bends to the breeze will not break, 
and eventually that reed will stand tall.”
~ Ancient Chinese proverb

No comments: