Saturday 21 November 2015

BE the good ...

With all the evil and hatred invading our lives, 
it’s easy to lose sight of the good.
It’s easy to forget that our world is amazing and magical.
Hatred and bigotry does that.
I want to don my superwoman cape and right the wrongs of the world.
Yes.  I’m delusional.

There is too much hatred.
Bigotry.
Corruption.
It taints all in it’s path.
Destroys families.
Countries.
Lives.
If we allow it, it will destroy us too.
There is so much MORE to life than the evil that engulfs us.
The antidote to hatred is love.
The antidote to evil is good.
We need to SEE that good.
BE that good.
Rambling every morning reminds me of all that’s good with the world.
Seeing, touching, feeling the magic that is each new day.
Even on the damp and cloudy mornings when the raindrops kiss my cheeks.
As the seagulls glide effortlessly overhead
As the cottonwool clouds float weightlessly in the azure blue skies
As the Kingfisher espies his first crab of the day
I take a deep breath and breathe it all in.
This is what restores balance in my world 
and negates the negativity that surrounds us.
Embrace it.
Feel it.
Share it.
Life is precious
To each and every one of you that reads my blog and shares in and feels the magic I find
know that I value and honour your friendship and input into my life.
We don’t accomplish anything in this world on our own.
We are, and always will be, parts of a whole 
and TOGETHER
can BE the good in the world.
“I alone cannot change the world, 
but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” 
~ Mother Teresa

2 comments:

Alison said...

Lovely pics as usual Carol...where are you living now?

Chocolat and Co said...

In Mt. Wellington in Auckland Alison. With our move to Mt. Wellington we've discovered lots of new places to walk ... and photograph of course!