Tuesday 27 October 2015

The why's and what's and wherefore's

So RWC is almost over and I’m no longer rambling with a Welsh flag in my backpack.
Their participation is now over, courtesy of the OTHER team I support, 
who’s participation is ALSO over, courtesy of the ABs.
The Flightless Fowls seem pretty invincible.
My backpack looks lonesome with no flag in it.
I haven’t watched many of the matches as I don’t have a TV and they’re on at a rather anti-social time of the day for those of us living at the ass end of the world.  
I DID choose to watch the Wales/SA match though, 
and the SA/AB’s semi-final and watched them both with the SO.
Yes.  Watching rugby “together”
... figuratively speaking ... 
IS possible if you have a mobile phone, a laptop and unlimited data.
Roll on this next weekend and the end of early morning rising to watch matches.
My rambles of late have been thought provoking.
A zillion and one thoughts trundling around  in my head.
The why’s and what’s and wherefores of life want answers.
I don’t have them.
The essence of every day remains the same.
I live here.
The SO lives there.
Albeit his “there” is now many miles removed from my “here”.
Communication is more instant and easy ... as our watching of RWC  attests.
Answers to issues beyond my ken are now at the end of a text
or phone call
or facetime.
I even have a tax refund that I didn’t realise I was eligible for!
They’re little things but they make the bigger things more manageable.
They make LIFE more manageable.
I still have moments when everything feels too hard.
When I want to give up.
Courage though is contagious, and the braver I’ve become, 
the less impact those moments have on my psyche.
None of us have the perfect life but ALL of us can have perfect moments.
Those are the moments I revel in.
“The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be.” 
~ Shakti Gawain
The stairs and platform at Pt. England have been burnt down by vandals.


No comments: