Tuesday 21 July 2015

I shall just breathe and shine

“And if you’re ever feeling lonely, just look at the moon.  
Someone, somewhere, is looking at it too.”
~ anon
As an ardent fan of the moon and its cycles and the impact these cycles have on our lives, 
I often spend time just looking at the moon.  
I know that elsewhere in the world, 
the ones I love and hold dear  are looking at it too.  
It fills my heart with warmth.
As with the sun, the rise and fall of the moon is real and rhythmical.
It just comes up .... and goes down
and if you’re not looking, you might not even notice.
Mother Nature has it down pat.
Thoughts pop unbidden into my head as I ponder the magic that is the moon.
My life IS magical despite the chaos that occasionally threatens to overwhelm it.
The SO had his parole hearing this week.
Parole has been set for 16th September.
Deportation will happen soon after.
There’s a sense of finality to it all.
A beginning and an ending.
Spoonbills heading off to goodness knows where
Deportation though feels like a further punishment on us all 
and I have to wonder at the unfairness of it.
A lone shag snoozing on a branch
Yes.  He committed a crime.
Yes.  He should pay the price.
But he has.
And so, however unjust it might seem, have we.
The lemmings and I that is.
Now our family’s being pulled apart.
And for what?
I have so many questions and so few answers.
All I DO know is that I have to be ok with NOT knowing what’s coming next.
Mikey
This place, for now, is my home.
I shall just BREATHE and SHINE.
The trench she dug to float the log
“Only from the heart can you touch the sky.”
~ Rumi
When there's enough water the log floats and she can pick it up without getting sand in her mouth!
Just a little bit clever.
Success!


No comments: