Tuesday 28 April 2015

Embrace the CRAZY.

 Don’t let the world change your smile.
Let your smile change the world.”
~ unknown
Embrace the CRAZY.
And I don’t mean me.
Though I’d be the FIRST one to say yes to a hug.
LIFE is crazy.
Unsettled.  
Changeable.
Apt words to describe it at the moment.
Whilst I’m a staunch proponent of change and the benefits it forces upon one, 
there comes a time when even I really need SOME things to remain static.
At least for a while.
This constant chasing to catch up, or adjust, is exhausting.
Mother Nature has been unsettled of late too.
From dark and stormy skies with accompanying wind and rain yesterday morning
to bright sunshine and blue skies in the afternoon.
It does make me smile.
Predictable -  Mother Nature is NOT.
I LOVE the moody weather though.
What others see as dismal, I see as dramatic.
It’s Mother Nature wearing one of her many guises.
Each and every day STILL has its beauty.
But in vastly different ways.
It’s only the rain that prevents me from capturing it.
Not many are brave enough
 ... or CRAZY enough ... 
to venture out when the weather’s THIS inclement.

‘Good morning’ IS an oxymoron of sorts. What can be good 
about a morning when you’re
NOT a morning person. 
The youngest lemming encapsulates
that completely
Yesterday’s weather had him snuggled up under his duvet
whilst the hound and I were out reveling in the wind and rain.
It’s these times out though, doing what I love, that keeps my sanity intact.
It’s the glue that holds the messy bits together.
It’s necessary.
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive; 
to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” 
~ Marcus Aurelius
An especially pertinent quote this week as we commemorate ANZAC Day and 
bear witness to the devastation and tremendous loss of life in Nepal.
We dressed the window for ANZAC Day too.

No comments: