Saturday 28 March 2015

The people I do life with ARE my wealth.

Hip hop as he leaps in the air.
“Make your weird light shine bright so the other weirdos know where to find you.” 
~ Sue Fitzmaurice
My morning rambles are the best therapy!
I have no markets this weekend and, just for a change, 
have been able to revel in the longest of rambles with the hound.
The BESTEST photo I've taken of the Fantail yet.
Not the greatest of light but I'm delighted to finally get one of him that's so focused!

We’ve caught up with 
the nicest of people,
chased copious logs 
and balls in and out 
of the waves,
had conversations that no-one 
but the hound understands
and basked 
in the beauty of low tide.
The hound has made people laugh.
LOTS.
We’ve got rained on too but that’s expected in a country 
where one can experience all 4 seasons in an hour.
This morning’s ramble unearthed my philosophical side too.
One of the benefits of having been open and honest about my situation, 
and that of the SO, is that people genuinely care.  
Conversations are frank and unambigious and there’s 
no need for white lies or hazy answers to difficult questions.  
There are no hidden agendas.
Life IS as it is.
Those who love and care for me accept that.
Darcy, getting down and dirty like only he can.
I don’t have all the answers and wouldn’t even begin to think that I do.
None of us do.
I just keep looking up and giving thanks.
Another positive of my situation is that it makes others take appraisal of their own.  
I’ve lost count of the number of messages and emails I receive sharing confidences.
In the sharing of these confidences there’s release and acceptance.  
Acceptance being the first step forward in any difficult situation.
Niko ruffled the Heron's feathers just a tad.
There is no shame in sharing where I'm at,
especially when it proves beneficial to others.
On a completely different tack, I’ll be working at the shop tomorrow.  
I don’t usually work at the shop over weekends.  
One of my colleagues isn’t able to fill her shift though so I’m doing it.
Just because I can.
It’s more mullah for the car fund too!

Life sometimes is meant to be played out in slow motion.

This morning, as the hound and I immersed ourselves in the moments as they happened, 
I couldn’t help but feel blessed 
to be where I am.
The people I do life with 
ARE my wealth.
Nothing more is necessary.
“People are like windows.
Once you’re broken you can never be fixed.
What you can’t see now though is 
that the shattered pieces of glass reflect light far more brightly
than they ever could when the window was whole.”
~ Ken Arkind
Our little local has had a revamp and is looking so funky!

No comments: