Wednesday 25 March 2015

It's just not cricket

“Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are.”
~ Marcus Zusak
I have many of THOSE kind of beautiful friends in my life.
I love each and every one of them.
Even when they disagree with the teams I support.
Cricket fever is HUGE in NZ at the moment.
Courtesy of last night’s semi-final I’m thinking.
No guessing which team I was rooting for.

Talkback on the radio this morning is all about the cricket.
What’s surprised me though has been the number of callers who have nothing but praise for the gentlemanly behaviour of both teams last night.
And especially of AB De Villiers.
He too is one of THOSE kind of beautiful people.
The Proteas, despite their loss, made me so proud to be a South African supporter.
I’ll be rooting for the Black Caps in the final regardless of which team they play.
The bag has some of her balls in it's pockets and she's making sure no other hound takes them.
All the chatter on our ramble this morning was cricket related too.
Whispers of conversation as we passed in the dark.
Yes.  It’s still pitch black when we leave on our ramble.
All the better to NOT see where you’re walking.
Lamp posts and trees have a nasty habit of leaping into our path.
The hound’s path more than mine.
She’s got her nose to the ground as she “reads” the early morning p-mails.
Reading and replying to p-mails takes time.
Some messages are longer than others.
It’s a quick dash to the beach when she’s finished.
Still in the dark of course.
Sadie, running down the beach to say hello
Daylight saving ends on Easter Sunday.
It can’t come soon enough.


Live SIMPLY.
DREAM big.
BE grateful.
GIVE love.
Laugh LOTS.
(Courtesy of Halo Smith’s page on FB)




No comments: