Tuesday 23 December 2014

Disturbing the universe.

 
“Do I dare.  Disturb the universe?  
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.” 
~ T.S. Eliot
There are moments when happiness seems far removed from the bigger scheme of things.  
Christmas celebrations come to mind.
Particularly this year’s celebrations.


Ours are usually low-key
Family orientated.
Focusing on the simple
rather than the elaborate.
The sharing of time with one another.
A sharing that happens so seldom
in this busy world we inhabit.
Busy by choice of course.
Busyness ensures less time 
to dwell on thoughts.
For the first time though, 
in the two and a half decades that the lemmings have inhabited this world,
ONE of them will be absent from our Christmas festivities.
As will be the SO.


I’m trying to get my head around it.
Trying to be brave.

Distance has separated many 
families from loved ones in the past.
And still does.
And they cope.
So why am I struggling?
Because just sometimes
I don’t want to be as flexible as I should be.
I don’t want to accept that some things,
no matter how unforeseen or unexpected
can’t be changed.
But I have to.
Bouncing over the road-bumps is part and parcel of the journey
and I've learnt that I bounce pretty well.
Christmas is a state of mind
It’s about loving ... abundantly.
Giving .... freely.
Sharing .... generously.
I have FELT that love and I've been the recipient of so MUCH good will.
So to one and all
I wish a very BLESSED Christmas.


No comments: