Saturday 8 November 2014

Birthdays.

There is ALWAYS light.
Everywhere.
Even in the darkest of moments, there’s a glimmer of light.
We just need to see it.
Orakie Basin on a gorgeous spring morning!
A pink ball she found as we headed out on our ramble
Waking up on my birthday morning was a rather solitary affair.

Just the hound for company.

Only the second time in 32 years that the Significatn Other hasn’t bought me a morning cuppa on my birthday.
The last time was in 2008 when many miles of ocean separated us.
It didn't take long for her to put a tooth through it and pop it.
It’s been a while since I felt so sad.
I couldn’t help it.
The tears fell.
For a moment I felt defeated and overwhelmed by sadness.
Blessings come in many guises though.
Especially on a birthday.
Balloons on the beach that go POP.
Especially for the hound.
Pink ones of course!
My birthday balloons which she promptly popped after having the photo taken.
She LOVES balloons!
Coffee and cake delivered to the shop at 9.05.
PERFECT birthday breakfast!
See .... there really ARE unicorns!
Came upon this one at Coatesville Market
Bubbles and chocolate for morning tea.
Shhhhh .... DON’T tell the boss!
Little Elle ... all of 10 months old!
Wet and humunguos hugs from a rain-sodden oldest lemming.
He gives the very BEST of hugs!
Gorgeous flowers from a just as gorgeous girl lemming.
I miss her SO much!
Stolen moments of illicit wine imbibing at the Designer Fair.
Some things just HAVE to be done.

I didn’t have time to ponder on the sadness I’d felt at the start of the day.
Everything conspired against it.

Arriving home at 11pm to an overloaded inbox 
and messages too numerous to count left my head spinning.
  
There is SO much love out there and I feel blessed beyond measure.
Dexter and buddy at Coatesville Market
“A blessing is a circle of light drawn around a person to protect, 
heal and strengthen.” 
~ John O’Donohue
Cosmo waiting for the stick to be thrown
It's that "seeing the light" thingy again!
Indy's flop into the basin ... he DID have a helping hand!
The hound's LEAP into the basin ....
... and belly flop.

No comments: