Tuesday 18 November 2014

A little black dervish.

 
“I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.” 
~ Louise May Alcott
Orakei Basin as the sun tries to break through the clouds
A little she-devil lives at The Flat @ No. 14.
A little BLACK she-devil that hisses and spits as it bounces.


Who would have thought that the rescued furball I bought home 18 months ago 
would become the little dervish that it is today.
I have Yvonne to thank for that!  Yvonne with her ginormous heart and unpretentious nature, who’s made such a difference in the lives of so many hounds and furballs.
Without Yvonne, this little furball wouldn’t be part of our family.
Even had a rainbow as that sun sent the clouds scudding away
Despite being the smallest of our furball family she’s become particularly adept at keeping the hounds in their place.
Especially the black hound,
although she does confuse the chocolate brown hound with the black one at times.
Loved the abundance of shags roosting round the basin.


The chocolate brown hound chooses to tip-toe around her 
having witnessed the ferocity with which she chases the black hound.
Yes.  CHASES the black hound.

The black hound’s fast learnt when to make a hasty departure.

It’s those claws and teeth and the NOISE she makes.
A spitting hissing ferocious dervish!
The walkway winds around the basin
NEVER a dull moment at The Flat @ No. 14.
Not that I would ever want there to be.
He'd regurgitated a fish and was trying to swallow it again
I’ve taken delivery this morning of a canvas I’ve been dying to see. 
It’s a special request for a photo I love.  
A photo I HAVEN’T printed on canvas before.


I was too scared to.
Too FEARFUL that what I see in the image wouldn’t translate to canvas.
But it has.
In a manner I hadn’t anticipated and BEYOND what I’d expected.
I missed the moment where the fish came back up
I’m delighted.
The ‘shouting it from the rooftops’ kind of delighted.
The hound’s a tad confused.
She doesn’t understand the magic I’ve just seen.
Being able to do what I love changes the way I view the world.
In infinite ways.
It’s not about the financial reward as that can be haphazard.
It’s not about the recognition as there isn’t always any.


It’s about doing what FILLS your soul to overflowing and doing it with ALL of your being.
It’s about FACING your FEARS, like the furball does, and OVERCOMING them.
I’m on a journey of discovery, 
DOING what I love.
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; 
it is something you design for the present.” 
~ Jim Rohn

No comments: