Thursday 4 September 2014

Tails speak a thousand words.

"The sun never says to the earth, 
'You owe me.' 
Look what happens with a love like that. 
It lights up the whole sky."
~ One Sufi`s saying
The most favourite moment of my day is when the sun pokes it’s head 
over the horizon.
Even when it’s overcast with low grey clouds I KNOW the sun’s there.
Waking the world.
Adding sparkle to the waves.
Adding light to my day.
NO words are necessary.
Mother Nature says it all.
Morning AND evening.
No words are ever necessary with the hound either.
She understands my every mood without explanation
and commiserates in the only way she knows how.
Curled up at my feet or head in my lap, 
she exudes compassion.
Life is often less than perfect but she makes the imperfect moments more manageable.

Even rainy rambles are enhanced with her company.
Tuesday bought the kind of rain that infiltrates every fibre of a fabric despite how waterproof a garment’s deemed to be.
It’s the kind of rain the hound loves.
We were both SO wet by the time we reached the boat ramp
that it seemed pointless to NOT allow her to swim.
We even found a small ‘log’.
Her tail spoke a thousand words.
Happiness resonated from every pore.
She walked home on a high.
Soaking wet,  tail waving proudly in the air.
Prized piece of ‘log’ in her mouth.
Rain’s therapeutic.
It washes the soul clean
AND makes the hound SMILE.
What was it I said about life being LESS than perfect?
I think not.
“Whatever’s good for your soul .... do that.”
~ anon
Orcas in my bay on Tuesday morning .

No comments: