Thursday 24 July 2014

A herd of baby elephant ... in a figurative sense.


 “When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
~ Rumi

Even the vapour trails this morning were tinged with pink!
As the icy cold fingers of winter invade my early mornings, 
I’m reminded of how blessed we are that winter is so short-lived in my part of the world.  
I can cope with frozen fingers for a short period in time 
but I wouldn’t be able to cope with NOT rambling.
The moon in my sky as the sun starts to rise.
Rambling is the answer to the overwhelming tiredness that I feel.  
It’s the elixer that soothes my battered soul.
It’s the balm that restores balance to my muddled-up mind.
Mother Nature must have known I needed a moment this morning.
She bathed my world in a fabulous montage of pinks and reds and gold 
as the morning sun poked it’s head over the horizon.
Even my camera cannot do justice to the artwork she paints in my sky.
Some moments are just too magical for words.
This past week has been beyond busy and time-out moments like this are SO necessary.

The youngest lemming has returned from his travels.

So has his laundry.

He’s tired and jet-lagged but pleased to be home.
I’m pleased too as the triad of kitties can now pester someone else for their nutritional requirements.
The youngest of the triad, The Infidel (aka Co) is MORE than delighted that he’s home.
He's her very FAVOURITE of the humans that live in our house.

 She’s not the only one that’s finding it satisfying hearing the herd of baby elephant descending the stairs.
Yes, he’s tall and slight in stature but BEYOND noisy.

As is Achmed the terrorist ... aka “the cat who lived”.
Her stature is anything BUT slight though.
One of the gorgeous off-leash dog areas we visited to collect signatures this weekend
Between lemmings and four-legged furballs our staircase is rather busy at times.
I cannot imagine life WITHOUT any of these four-legged companions of ours.
Each, in their very own way, enriches and enhances our lives.
Ted, a little Chocolate Lab we met on Sunday

No comments: