Monday 28 April 2014

Courage, dear heart

Passion . Changes . Everything .
Churchill Park on a gorgeous autumn morning
Blessings come in many guises.
Some might not see my situation as a blessing but there ARE positives to take from it.
So often we get caught up in the negativity of a situation that we forget there’s ALWAYS a reciprocal and positive reaction too.
We even bumped into Picton
That’s what I need to focus on.
... and had a spa in the cow trough
Friends are a blessing I have in abundance.  The support and overwhelming love the lemmings and I have received from friends and family cannot be quantified.  It goes above and beyond anything I could have expected.  I FEEL loved.
Counting my blessings
Without exception we have ALL, significant other included, 
been lifted up in the thoughts and prayers of all who know us.  
Rambling with the hound ALWAYS puts my world in perspective.  
She doesn’t understand the waterfall of tears running down my face
but she understands my need for unconditional love.
She provides that in abundance.
We have rambled far and wide,
trudged through cow patties and over barbed wire fences.
Rambled through unexplored areas we haven’t rambled before
and picked up doggy does in abundance
For some unfathomable reason, the hound’s bowels have been working overtime.
Our rambles have been tiring
.... but satisfying.
The sun’s still risen each day.
The tides have still ebbed and flowed.
That great glorious moon still rises in my evening sky.
Whilst my everyday life MIGHT have changed,
life DOES go on.
Yes ... being bombarded by TWO chocolate labradors would make ANY Saluki nervous.
I need to remember to not focus on the why or the how or the when.
But to focus on the now.
To just BE
and know that everything WILL be ok.
Courage, dear heart.”
~ C.S. Lewis
So my hound finds logs, Indy finds jandals ... no, not ours.


Sky Tower lit up for Anzac Day ... it even had a red poppy!

No comments: