Saturday 31 May 2014

A "feel-good" party in your brain.

 "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, 
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." 
~Thich Nhat Hanh
A smile is something that SHOULD be worn often.
Each time you smile you throw a little “feel-good” party in your brain.  
How awesome is that! 
Your OWN anti-depressant WITHOUT the side effects of medication.
My world is simply a better place when I smile
Even when the weather’s dull, I can create my own sunshine
and there’s magic in that there sunshine!
I have an advantage of course.
A chocolate brown 4-legged furry friend who’s bum waggle ALONE makes me smile.
Life is PRECIOUS.  
SHE is precious.
I had reason yesterday to assist a friend in an unpleasant crisis.  
It wasn’t something she had ever expected to have to deal with.  
Likewise myself.
It got me thinking about how very casually we take this right we have to life.

In the nonchalance of my youth I couldn’t even begin to envision mortality.
That was for “old” people.
Yesterday’s crisis was an eye-opener as to how mortal we can be.
As I’ve got older, I have a different “TAKE” on this thing we call life and living.
Every day is to BE appreciated.
Enjoyed.
Filled.
Preferably with rambles on the beach!
A crisis of the magnitude my friend faced  IS sometimes necessary.
It facilitates endings and new beginnings.
Necessary endings and beginnings.
EVERYone has DEMONS that they’re dealing with.
Facing up to them and dealing with them is the only way forward.
Smiling doesn’t take the demons away but it sure makes them easier to deal with.
Inhale all the good shit and exhale the bullshit.” 
~ anon
(Courtesy of my mate Mands!)


No comments: