Tuesday 3 June 2014

Devilish thoughts

“There are devilish thoughts even in the MOST angelic of minds.”
 ~ anon
LOVE that quote!
It was a public holiday here in NZ yesterday ... Queen’s Birthday weekend.  
It was wet and cold and I had to work.
No photos from yesterday morning as it was RAINING!
Ho-hum.  
The ONLY shop in the mall that was open.
This evening's sunset ... magical!

Part of my display in the Public Library
I wouldn’t mind if it were busy.

I wouldn’t mind if I had company.

I wouldn’t mind if I had an eye candy overload from the French Open to watch.

Yes, it's THAT time of year again!
But I had none of that, 
just the occasional browser killing time whilst they waited for a restaurant table.
That’s where all the people were
 ... in the restaurants.
Willie, Cocker Spaniel x Poodle ... and ALL legs!
There’s only SO much one can do in a shop before boredom sets in.
The week’s paperwork took about 20 minutes.
No interruptions you see.
Another part of my display
Dressing the front and side windows and the mannequins accounted for another 30 minutes.
Re-arranging racks and checking size tags and security discs took a little longer.
I even vacuumed the floor.
Coatesville Market on Sunday ... glorious sunshine!
Days like this frustrate me.
There’s SO much I could be doing at home.
THIS year is manifesting into an awesome year for my photography, despite the 
distinct lack of confidence I’ve had since the significant other was incarcerated.
My little spot in the world on a glorious winter's day
It’s been 7 weeks so far and I’ve found participating in markets really hard, 
from an emotional perspective that is.
I’ve struggled to believe in ME.
This last weekend though was different.
I found a SPARK of the me I know and love.

Happiness was IN and AROUND me.  
For the first time in a while I felt at ONE with myself and with the world.  
I like that feeling.
What we had for breakfast at Coatesville Market
It’s contagious.
Someone bought their MOP to the market!
This is a Hungarian Puli ... they had TWO ... this white one and a black one.
I might not have CHOSEN this journey I’m on but it HAS to be travelled.
There are NO exits.
Change IS mandatory.
Every step forward, no matter how small, is reason to CELEBRATE,
so I'm  celebrating.
Scrumptious morning tea at Coatesville Market
Sinful stuff that Em's found for us to eat!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
~ Lao Tzu


No comments: