Wednesday 23 April 2014

DON'T cry ...

“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge 
to test our courage and willingness to change.” 
~ Paulo Coelho
Tears are cathartic.
They serve as a release for the pent-up emotions I hold inside.  
They need out.  
I need them out.

When your world is turned upside down and inside out
in the blink of an eye, emotions go haywire.  
They don’t obey the usual commands.  
BE strong.  
YOU can handle this.  
DON’T cry.
The tears aren’t optional.  
They fall without warning.  
Without reason.  
Bucketloads of them.
They fill my eyes to bursting no matter how hard I try to hold them back.
Life just isn’t simple.
So I walk in the waves
I throw logs for the hound, 
courtesy of the exceptional tides Tropical Cyclone Ita left behind. 
I shed tears for a lapse in judgement that has cost the significant other his freedom
albeit temporarily.
And I shed tears for me
... because the pain is huge and the loneliness so intense.
I wake each morning looking for the light that will get me through the day.
Looking for the sunshine that’s out there if only I could see it.
Focus on the moments when I find them
because I know they’ll be fleeting.
The wheel of life DOES keep turning though.
This time alone without him as a daily presence in my life, 
and the lives of the lemmings, will pass.  
He will return to us, wiser, humbler and hopefully not bitter.
All things will work out as they ought.
So I keep praying.
I keep believing.
I keep focusing on the moments in time that bring joy.
... and I keep smiling
because that’s what I do best.

“In the blink of an eye everything can change,
 so forgive often and love with all your heart.













No comments: