Sunday 2 March 2014

Life is all about beginnings and endings.

 They AREN’T always black and white.  
They’re NOT always noticeable.  
If you pay attention though you’ll notice beginnings and endings happening all the time,
 in every facet of your life.

Every word you speak ends as the next one begins.
The simple act of walking requires an end to one movement before the next one can begin.
Breath in, breathe out.  Every breath ending as the next one starts.

These are the little, hardly discernible ones.  
They supposedly help us navigate the bigger ones.

I sure hope so.

These next few weeks should see an end to the chaos of the last few years.
A beautiful beginning is necessary ... nay, mandatory.

“Breathe it all in.  Love it all out.”
(Quotation courtesy of a friend who posted it on my wall after seeing it in a shop window last week)

I can do that.
I am all about love and laughter.  

From loving what I do to loving a chocolate brown hound. Loving my family and  friends and the feel of sand beneath my feet.  Loving the waves and movement and the freedom it affords my soul.  Even loving the LITTLE things that make the stumbling blocks in life more manageable. 

That’s an AWFUL lot of loving going on
... and yes, that COULD be an oxymoron if you chose to look at it that way.

My innate belief in the goodness of mankind has me in a bit of a pickle.
Do I or don’t I watermark or post a copyright on the photos I post on-line?
My heart is in conflict with my head

In New Zealand law copyright comes into effect automatically the moment a work is put into material form, in terms of the Copyright Act of 1994.   
Not so in other parts of the world.

The sensible me says watermark them or at least append my name to every image.  
The reckless me says share them with the world.

I know what the significant other would say.  After all, he’s the one who stores the herbs and spices in the pantry in alphabetical order.  Yes, one of the many improvements to the culinary hub of our abode since he’s been chief cook and bottle washer.

He’s the practical dude in our relationship though ... not me.  
I’m the believer in dreams.

 “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. 
It's to enjoy each step along the way.” 
- Wayne Dyer


No comments: