Monday 24 February 2014

I'm choosing to be brave ....

 "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." 
~ Anais Nin

If I was to dwell on the chaos that has been part and parcel of my life the past two and a bit years I’d implode.
  
That would be rather messy.
  
Staying strong isn’t an option, it’s a necessity.  The tears I shed should never be seen as a weakness though but rather a release from a situation gone crazy.
Despite the chaos there is so much to be thankful for.

Insanely humorous moments spent with friends, both in the phsycial presence and the cyber.  

Happy moments with a chocolate brown hound and the significant other in the waves.  
  
Proud and humbling moments sharing the joy of what I see through the lens. 

Magical moments witnessing the beauty and power of Mother Nature.

These are the REAL moments in time and these are what DEFINE me.
This weekend has been one of those REAL moments. 
 It’s been full of fun, of opportunities to expose myself ... yes, figuratively ... and marvel at the talent and creativity of so many people.  I’ve had the space to lose myself in the beauty created by others with the help of Mother Nature.
From rambling with Sam and the hound at Takapuna to participating in another successful market at Browns Bay to a Garden Festival yesterday, it’s been a weekend of highs.
Birds, butterflies, reflections, water, and an abundance of all things beautiful leaves my soul replenished and my camera so full of images that it groans.
The Heroic Garden Festval is an eye candy overload of a very different kind.
 It takes 21 gardens and opens them to the public.  
Gardens of every form, shape and size.  These gardeners are passionate about their gardens.  It’s THEIR blood, sweat and tears that creates the masterpieces that they are.  Cheap labour ISN’T an option.
We didn’t manage to see ALL the gardens but what we did see was awe-inspiring.
Even the significant other enjoyed it!
Not so the hound as she was ‘home alone’ but she’d had her share of fun on Friday and Saturday.
Sharing a glass or two of the fermented stuff and an impromptu evening meal with a friend finished our weekend on a high.
THIS is what life is all about and this is what makes the chaos more manageable.
Moments.  
Memories.  
Soul food.
My world has it all.
"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."
~ Dr. Seuss




No comments: