Sunday 24 November 2013

I don't DO one word answers!

“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. 
You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. 
You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.” 
~ Jim Morrison

One-word answers are NOT part of my psyche!  
I’m programmed to respond to everything with an essay
.... it must be something to do with that ‘words falling out of my mouth’ thingy.  
It’s WHO I am.

Part of me thinks it’s something to do with being a female but I have male friends who have just as much an ability to whitewash me with words as I do them.

So when someone asks me to reply with just ONE word? 
I CAN’T do it!

Several of my friends have this ineptitude with one word answers too.
It’s quite bizarre.

We’ve had sunshine seeping from our pores and cobalt blue skies in abundance this weekend.  That fantasy world I blogged about the other day is REAL.  
I love my little spot in the world, it’s like living in paradise
... or Godzone as some would call it.  
It just does sunshine and blue skies SO well!

I might EVEN consider swimming with the hound in the waves next week if the sunshine continues.

Once I’ve caught up on my sleep, that is.

Message to self.  
Never ... that is NEVER EVER EVER ... do a night market followed by a day market in 2 different locations.  It is EXHAUSTING.

Yes, yes ... I know that’s what I’m doing next weekend but next weekend’s different.  
It’s Fruit Bowl Craft Jam in the Hawkes Bay Opera House.  
It’s all in one venue and there’s NO packing up after the evening session
 and setting up again the next day for the morning session.  
Far LESS stress and MUCH more fun!

And it involves a road-trip and I LOVE road-trips
 .... almost as much as I love WORDS!

Words aren’t enough though when it comes to birthdays.  
It’s my Mom’s tomorrow and more than anything in the world 
I would love to be in SA and wish her in person.  I miss her hugs.

Living at the arse end of the world, even when it’s paradise, has it’s disadvantages.

“If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, 
keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.” 
~ Winnie the Pooh

Love you Mom.

No comments: