Thursday 21 November 2013

I can HEAR the cheers already!

“The earth is heavy and opaque without dreams.” 
~ Anais Nin in December 1940


Dreams ... visions ... fantasies.  I dream often and not only when I’m asleep.  I daydream too ... more so when life is stressful.  It’s an easy way to escape from reality and surrender to a fantasy world where the sun always shines, the clouds are ALWAYS cotton wool and the skies are cobalt blue.  
It’s my fantasy world.

It’s not populated by Dog Wardens either.

Today’s fantasy was triggered by an episode of Midsomer Murders I’d been watching last night.

Yes, I’m a fan.

This particular episode featured a colony of artists who, when confronted by an officious council worker, upended him and dumped him in a duck pond.

The idea appeals!  
Newspaper headline “Dog Warden dumped in waves”

I can hear the cheers already.

SUMMER ... whilst having many of the ingredients necessary for the fulfillment of my fantasy is also the season of the dreaded SUMMER-TIME dog laws.  
Dog Laws that are enforced by ‘Hitler-esque’ Dog Wardens.  

You might think  ‘Hitleresque’ is a made-up word but surprise, surprise it’s not.  
It’s been used to describe, amongst other things, Obama’s presidency
 and his disassociation from reality.  
Yep ... I googled it

It’s not only the Dog Wardens that need to be told how unpopular they are.

Despite our petition, despite the over 10 000 signatures collected,  despite it having been approved by the greater Auckland Council, we STILL don’t YET have more hound-friendly access to our beaches.  Apparently, despite being part of a super-city, local boards are able to chose, or not, to implement the new Dog Control Laws.

The hound’s 20m length of rope has surfaced again
I’ll try NOT to entangle a Dog Warden in it.

“Sometimes I just look up, smile and say ‘I know that was you God.  Thank you’ ... and then sometimes it’s a seagull.” 
~ anon.

No comments: