Thursday 28 November 2013

Someone's noisier than me ..

“If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind
of  what then, is an empty desk a sign?” 
~ Albert Einstein
The Agapanthus are slowly starting to open  ... each at it's very own pace!
My desk is ALWAYS cluttered.  I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions.  Suffice to say, 
despite the organised chaos of my desk, work STILL gets done ... or appears to.

I’m thinking my time management might improve were I to put some order into the organised chaos.  It’s only a thought though ... and a fleeting one at that, as there is more than enough to do without dwelling on actions that are UNLIKELY to ever happen.
The name of this little fellow eludes me ... it's starling shaped but with a red face ... need to chat to Google!

A little Eastern Rosella

I did take a photo of a CLEAN desk MANY moons ago .... but that was merely a ruse.  The photo DIDN’T show the floor, which was strewn with the contents of the desk.  It was merely to prove that I COULD have a clean desk, free of odds and ends and work related debris.  

No-one mentioned that the floor should be free of debris too.

The one pitfall of a cluttered desk is distraction and yes, I am easily distracted.  
Focus is a skill I am forever re-learning.

Today however I AM focused.  Work at the shop is finished for the week and preparation for our departure to Fruit Bowl Craft Jam this weekend is underway.  
She's pleading with  me to get Sam to let go of her stick!
Have I mentioned how MUCH I love road trips?

I’m not sure the significant other enjoys them quite as much as I do.  That might have something to do with the indeterminable number of times he has to stop.

I just can’t help myself.  Road trips are a visual feast, particularly here in New Zealand, and I ‘eat’ until I’m stuffed.  Unless it’s raining of course.  Then the camera and I go hungry.

The hound’s not coming with us and she won’t be impressed.  She’s being left to the tender ministrations of the youngest lemming.
She's not happy at being asked to 'sit' in the waves.
Today is the 18th birthday of the oldest lemming’s girlfriend.  I nicknamed her ‘noise’ when she first appeared in his life  ... for very appropriate reasons ... and the name has stuck.  She is, quite possibly, even NOISIER than I am.
Sky City's lost it's tower in the clouds.

The fun of Word Art took on new meaning when I created her birthday card.


I think I feel a head-ache coming on!

“As you think you travel and, as you love, you attract. You are today where your thoughts have bought you. You will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.” 
~ James Allen


Hercules waiting patiently at the top of the road for us.

No comments: