Tuesday 2 February 2016

Wobbles

 Life, and all it’s complexities, throws a wobble now and then.
Saturday was one such wobble.
A day when nothing made sense and lifting my head off the pillow was
more than I felt I could manage.
Thankfully days like this are few and far between.
Wobbles ARE necessary though,
if only to allow us to see how blessed we already are.
A long and thought provoking ramble on Sunday was necessary.
I love VERY early morning rambles.
Especially when I have no time constraints.
It’s even more special when the tide’s out in the bay.
That’s when the mudflats beckon!
The contrast in textures appeals to the senses.
The craggy shell-encrusted rocks against the mirror-like opacity of the ocean.
Clouds reflecting in the waters below as the sun beams down.
My kind of magical.
The reflections are amazing.
They’re everywhere.
The water reflects back a zillion and one images.
Reflections on life.
On the world around us.
On people like me.
There's a fleeting moment when the tide turns and EVERYthing stands still.
Even the waves.
You’d miss it if you weren’t listening.
There’s a silence that envelopes the moment.
Just as you think time really HAS stood still,
the waves start rolling again.
It’s quite bizarre, but beautiful.
I love these moments.
I love the serenity they bring.
The perfection they allow.
 
The awe they leave me standing in.
“Like wildflowers
you must allow yourself to grow 
in all the places people thought you never  would.”
~ unknown

No comments: