Monday 27 October 2014

My kind of beautiful

Routine .... WHAT routine?
Life is one tumultuous topsy turvy swirl of colour and action.  
I’m trying to embrace it.  
Not always successfully but always with humour.  
Even in the darkest of moments.
As the hound and I walked home from our ramble this morning 
a thought flitted briefly through my head.  
When will life be ‘normal’ again.  
Yes ... normal.
definition: 
(n) the usual, typical or expected state or condition
 (adj) conforming to a standard.  Usual, expected or typical.
My kind of ‘normal’ has been AWOL for a while now.
This last week has been full on with work as one of my colleagues resigned.  
Filling her shifts till someone new is employed has been expected of us.  
The extra cash is nice.  
The hours spent in the shop though reduce the hours available for photography and rambles.  
It doesn’t sit well with either the hound or I.
We’ve NOT had ANY mornings this week to indulge in a longer than usual ramble.  
Not even this morning.
Whilst visiting the SO today he remarked on how mundane and routine his existence is.  
Each morning it’s the same people he talks to, the same procedure that’s followed.  
We couldn’t BE at more opposite ends of the spectrum.
He’s bored out of his skull whilst I struggle to maintain equilibrium.
How weird is it though that a thought that popped into my head during my morning ramble should be voiced by him during our visit.
It did make us laugh.
Synchronisicity in thought despite the marked difference in circumstance.
His boredom though made me value the busyness of my days.
I don’t have time to over-analyse what’s happened to us.
I don’t have time to ponder on the unfairness or otherwise of life.
It was a necessary and timely reminder to appreciate and accept life as it is.
At this moment in time.
Coops, the flying hound
Keep moving forward, don’t look back.
Step by step, strength is gained and adversity overcome.
Take-off!
Besides, when did I ever  DO ‘normal’.
In cruise mode
“Be your own kind of beautiful.” 
~ unknown
Touch down


No comments: