Sunday 3 August 2014

A little bit of rebellion

“When we remember we are all mad
the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” 
~ The wisdom and wit of Mark Twain - Notebook 1898
It’s only taken 4 months for the oldest lemming and the significant other to notice 
that I wear the label the Correction Service officials give me when we visit, upside down.
All the better for me to read it, I told them.
They just shake their heads in bemusement.
I think they’re used to my weird and wonderful ways.
An Indy namesake on the beach .... such a cutie!
With all the rules and regulations that have to be adhered to when visiting the significant other, 
it’s my little way of rebelling.
Bessie posing beautifully for her portrait
Silly I know, but satisfying.
A little bit of rebellion in a world that’s gone wonky.
This evening's sunset was magnificent.
Seeing the significant other like this is NOT easy ... not for him, nor for me.
Despite the best of efforts, tears are NEVER very far from the surface.
For the first time EVER in my life, I’m wishing time would pass quickly.
Lost Rangitoto on Friday ... disappeared completely from view.
A futile wish but wished nevertheless.

Lambing seasons started early
The wonky world I find myself in needs straightening after a visit.  
Would that I could take him with me for the restorative sweetness and coffee that I’ve found in Huntly. 
It’s taken a while but I’ve found this little place in Huntly that makes 
Carrot Cake to die for AND a reasonable fix of caffeine.  
All it takes after that is a visit to the cemetery to calm the soul before I begin the trek home.

What is it about cemeteries that’s so incredibly peaceful? 
Maybe it’s because conversing with the dear and long ago departed is a one-way conversation.  
I get to talk.
A lot.
There’s NO-ONE to disagree.  No-one that can talk, that is. 
And it's not just lambing season ... the Llamas are doing it too!
Yes, another idiosyncrasy.  
A necessary one at the moment.
We seldom see a dog wearing clothes in my little village
and a Bulldog is the LAST dog I would ever expect to see dressed like this!
“Don’t worry if you’re making waves by being yourself.
The moon does it all the time.”
~ anon
The toenails are painted too!

No comments: