Saturday 23 August 2014

Let the flying begin!

Tuis are just so acrobatic as they syphon the nectar out of all the blooms.
“When we walk to the edge of all the light we have
and take that step into the darkness of the unknown,
we must believe that one of two things will happen;

There will be something solid for us to stand on,

Or

We will learn how to fly.”

~ credited to Herta Payson
 but not confirmed.
I know I’ve said this before, but I LOVE Fridays!
Especially when they’re accompanied by clear blue skies, 
gorgeous sunshine 
and a low tide.  
Could have done without the icy wind though
but that’s a small price to pay for such a magnificent day.
My little piece of paradise gleams and glistens!
It MORE than makes up for the tumbled-up world I’m living in.
We’re on the move again.
Moving home that is.
Not quite sure yet where to but we’ve handed in our notice
and the search for alternative
 ... and less expensive ...  
accommodation begins.
I’m putting it out to the universe
KNOWING that it’s the right thing to do.
I keep asking myself why I’m having to leap these hurdles on my own though and, 
as is usual when I ask questions of myself, 
the answer soon sprung to mind.
I have to learn how to fly!
It’s quite ironic then that the low tide this morning elicited a glut 
of Kingfishers and Herons for me to photograph.  
If anyone can teach me how to fly, they can!
Except that we’re talking flying of a different kind.
And it’s hard.
That’s why mornings like this are necessary.
A quiet reminder that, whilst life might not be quite perfect, 
there are still moments of magnificence in the midst of the mayhem.
Let the flying lessons begin.


No comments: