Saturday 24 May 2014

The clock's ticking.

“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.  
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” 
~ Jane Goodall
Would that everyone’s mornings could begin like mine.

I watch the world wake up and it’s magnificent.
Early morning autumn skies are just the best.
As the sun casts it’s rays across the bay, reflections rebound of every surface.
My world comes to life in a glistening and glittering fashion.
The hound of course notes NONE of this.
She has a log.
Time is short
and the  clock’s ticking.
It’s also low tide.
The mudflats and the rock pools beckon.
They TEEM with life when the tide’s out.
There’s an abundance of mud too.
Glorious gloopy sticky mud
that sucks our shoes in
and clings to our legs.
I lost count of the number of times Julia NEARLY lost her shoes.
It wasn’t just the hounds that looked like they’d had a mud-bath by the time we were finished.
Mornings like this help me breath easier.
I soak up the tranquility and calmness and just BE.
The iciness of the water as it seeps into my shoes is electric.
It makes me feel alive.
Cold feet and numb toes.
But alive.
That ticking clock stops for no one.
There IS no replay.
NO rewind.
NO pause.

Just the MOMENTS that each day brings
and I'm DEFINITELY a moments fan.

No comments: