Tuesday 8 April 2014

Simplistically so.

 Serendipity
(n.) finding something good without looking for it.
My needs are simple.  
Simplistically so.
Blue skies, Sunshine, Cotton wool clouds.
Add the hound and the waves and I’m in heaven.
Oh yes.  I need a camera too.

Stand-up Paddle Boarders surfing the waves
Markets on both days this weekend meant that the hound and I DIDN’T have ALL of those needs fulfilled.   
She DID get to wallow in the waves on Saturday 
... sans rugby ball ... 
but not on Sunday.
She missed her ball so much she had to bring it inside on Sunday evening
There’s no beach at Coatesville Market.
The sun blessed us in abundance though, as did the cotton wool clouds and blue skies.
Daylight saving might have ended but the glorious summer weather certainly HASN’T!  

I’m NOT complaining.
I have a LOVE-HATE relationship with winter.
I LOVE the crisp morning air and I LOVE that it’s still dark when I leave home.
I LOVE watching the sun wake up the world from my early morning vantage point.
I LOVE that the hound wants to swim EVERY single day of the year, 
no matter HOW cold the water.  
It’s a LABRADOR thing.
I LOVE warm winter fires and I especially LOVE climbing into a warm bed!
I DON’T like how cold my fingers get.
Yes, even with gloves.
Yes, they have to be Steptoe gloves or they get wet when I throw the hound’s ball.
I don’t enjoy having to wash the hound down  when we get home.
My frozen fingers become a little MORE frozen
.... and anyone who THINKS I could even remotely enjoy exiting a warm toasty bed on a cold winter’s morn is DELUSIONAL!
Without winter though, there WOULDN’T be any glorious summer.
“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge 
to test our courage and willingness to change.” 
~ Paulo Coelho

The retreating waves creating furrows in the sand

No comments: