Saturday 29 March 2014

Hope. is. everywhere.

 “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny ...” 
~ C.S. Lewis
Takapuna Beach on a glorious Friday morning.
At times I’m discouraged by the negativity that seems to dominate my world at the moment. There are times when it brings me down
All I see around me is despair, a lack of confidence  and sadness.  
We see SO many different breeds of dogs there ... from this little Dachshund
It makes me lose hope for the people in my life.
... to this rather nervous German Shepherd.
Then I’m reminded of this quotation from Jack Sparrow
“The problem is not the problem. 
The problem is your attitude about the problem.  
Do you understand?
This was the rather vocal German Shepherd's buddy.
I understand COMPLETELY.
 Attitude is everything.
Sam found a friend the same age to play with .... Richie after Richie McCaw
I have to CHOOSE to focus on the little victories.
On the magic of the moment as it happens.
On the sunshine and the blue skies.
Even on the ‘words falling out of my mouth’ thingy.
A rather grumpity looking Boxer.
Be grateful for what IS in your life because
HOPE. is. EVERYWHERE.
Had to get Carol to wait whilst I captured the reflection in her glasses ... it was sublime!
I might not be in control of the situation, 
but I am in control of my thoughts.
A Hinds Variety that we've met before ... he loves his tennis ball as much as ours love their rugby balls.
THINK good ones and REMEMBER the magical ones.
A trio of chocolate mousse .... white, milk and dark.
This moment with Sam on Friday WAS a magical one.
Another Border Collie cross
Often, when the hounds get up close and personal, it’s impossible to zoom out and refocus quickly enough to capture the feel of the moment. 
Not so in this case.
The sister of the Shetland Sheepdog duo
Sam’s face says it all.
Oh yes .... he's realised just how clever that was.
He knocked my coffee over.  
Spillages are lickable.  
Yummily so!
Yep .... that was YUMMY!
The first time was an accident.
The second DEFINITELY wasn’t.
The Sparrow that distracted me.
I was distracted by the Sparrows.  
He was distracted by my coffee ... deviously so!
It was a smile inducing moment.  
Humour by the bucketful.
A necessary accessory in this crazy world I’m living in.
The brother of the Shetland Sheepdog duo
“If you only walk on sunny days, you’ll never reach your destination.”
~ Paulo Coelho
Outside the Takapuna Cafe where we indulge our caffiene addiction after our ramble

No comments: