Thursday 6 June 2013

It's EYE CANDY time!

This evening's gorgeous sunset.
Anyone who knows me well knows how much I enjoy sport.  I especially love rugby and tennis ... particularly the Mens Tennis.  Let’s be more specific.  I especially enjoy watching Rafa Nadal play tennis. 
This is what the moon looked like from the street.
I share this addictive and obsessive behaviour with my good friend Carol, only I’m not quite as verbose as her when it comes to dissing the opposition.  In tennis the player she loves to hate the most is Djokovich ... especially when he’s playing one of her favourites.
It was even fully visible at the view site as the sun started to rise.
.... and a close up of it.

This time of year there’s an abundance of sport tournaments that we enjoy. Not only do we have Super Rugby to watch but It’s French Open time too.  That’s one of our favourite Grand Slams ... that and Wimbledon.  My bucket list includes going to ALL of the Grand Slams and preferably one of these first. How anyone EVER does EVERYTHING on their bucket list though is beyond me.  
Mine keeps getting longer, not shorter.

I’ve ticked off a few memorable ones ... flying on the Concorde to New York, scuba diving with sharks and jumping out of an aeroplane at 12000 feet.  I’ve visited several of the places in the world I’ve always wanted to visit but I’ve yet to attend ANY of the Grand Slams, and that’s been an item on my bucket list for a very long time.
She found a rather large log ... or should that be tree branch ... 
I digress though.  Back to the tennis and rugby. The problem with both our favourite tennis tournaments is that they’re played in the Northern Hemisphere.  
I’m generally sleeping when all that eye candy is performing.  I have to record it.
..... that she really wanted to bring with us.
It makes for good viewing though, ESPECIALLY as it’s recorded.  
I can replay the most pertinent parts over and over again.  
My eye candy fix can go on indefinitely.
No matter how much she huffed and puffed, it was TOO big to move.
The final is scheduled to be played on Sunday afternoon .... that’s 2am my Monday morning.  Eeeeek!!  I’ll be recording it but I’ll ALSO be watching live as it’s impossible nowadays to avoid hearing the results of tournaments like this. 
SomeHOW, someWHERE, someONE is bound to let it slip.
Joined by the sparrows again ...
I think I might need matchsticks on Monday morning.

I think the hound might have to forego her early morning ramble.

I haven’t told her this yet.  It’s been difficult enough trying to explain that Sam the Man won’t be back until next Tuesday.  She gazes expectantly up and down the beach each morning WILLING him to appear.  Every other hound is given the once over to ensure it’s not Sam the Man in disguise .... or in drag.
This log .... branch ..... was nearly 3m long!
She got really confused when Zac the Golden Lab arrived on the beach.  From a distance he looks so much like Sam but up close you can see he’s older and more solid.  She went haring up the beach, tail wagging as fast as her legs were running, only to come back looking very dejected. 
It WASN’T Sam the Man.

I’ve just had a sudden thought.
Maybe it’s NOT Sam the Man she’s looking for but that darn CHIEFS rugby ball!!


She's yelling at us to come and help her carry it.




No comments: