Wednesday 6 February 2013

Yay for Public Holidays!


“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river of joy within you.” 
~ Rumi
My city, bathed in the early morning sun.
Today has been one of those mornings when I FEEL that river of joy.
 I’ve had my share of soul food.

It’s been a magical cloudless morning, a nip in the air, low tide and the early morning radiance reflecting of each and every surface. It just COULDN’T be better!  Even Mr. Heron played ball and gave me some magical shots of him and his reflection.  


He did make me work for those shots .... up and down the beach after him.  Why can’t he be like the gulls?  They come waddling up to have their photos taken.  That’s probably because they remember I used to feed them dog pellets. I had to stop because the hound got wind of it and wanted her share too.  It’s ok for gulls to waddle but the hound DOESN’T need to waddle any more than what she already does.

I think I’ve said it before but I LOVE reflections!  I see them EVERYWHERE
Mornings like this one have an overwhelming abundance of them!

He looks like a pterodactyl as he heads back down the beach.

Despite the beauty of the morning there were fewer people out and about when we ventured up to the view site.  Usually there are a gazillion lycra-clad pedal-pushers wending their noisy way down Cliff Road. It was quiet today though.  They were all still in bed snoring ... enjoying the lie-in that a public holiday brings.


Just as an aside .... maybe the early morning fishermen should be walking past the pedal-pushers houses, talking at the top of their voices as they head off to fill their quota for the day. I wonder if those lycra-clad looneys have any idea of how noisy they are as they navigate the hi-ways and by-ways of our little village. Grrrrr ..... grumble over. 




Oyster Catcher reflections.
Waiting for coffee from The Cafe in the Bay.

Public holidays bring all sorts of other changes to my day too.  For a start there’s NO caffeine
addiction fix from the Co-op!!  

They don’t open till 8 on a public holiday and I had to be home by 8 to shower and change for work.  We had to support the opposition - they open at 7.  



Thank goodness as coffee is a MANDATORY part of my day. I don’t FUNCTION without it!


Gav DOESN’T work on public holidays so he gets to join in our rambles and my kicking leg gets a break!  There’s only so much rugby ball kicking a girl can do before her legs get a tad weary, especially after the work-out they had during our SUP lesson last weekend.

The other nice part of Gav rambling with me is that HE washes down the hound and dries her when we get home.  That’s usually my chore.

YAY for public holidays!

“When life rearranges itself UNEXPECTEDLY in front of you, when familiarity and understanding VANISH from beneath you, when logic and reason are no longer able to explain away the events unfolding around you, hold onto the STRENGTH, HOPE and LOVE inside you.” 
~ anon.

Tonight's sunset .... not a cloud in the sky, just a crazy hound on the beach!


No comments: