Thursday 7 February 2013

It's the COFFEE ... it makes her demented!


Who would have thought that a Labrador could LOOK so positively EVIL!
This is how she SHOULD look!
She looks manic ... as if she’s about to attack.  I suppose she was attacking something .... her ball .... trying to bury it alive.  Pity it wasn’t the Hurricanes ball ... or the Chiefs one.  The oldest lemming reckons I've given her TOO  much coffee.  What nonsense .... you can NEVER have TOO much coffee!

The Hound of Baskerville looks TAME compared to her. 
She’s completely INSANE!!

She dug trenches from one end of the beach to the other this morning. She was on a mission to let everyone know she’d been on the beach!  I just smile and shake my head and click away with the camera.  Shots like this are few and far between as the movement is so fast and furious
... and I have to avoid the sand.  It flies EVERYWHERE!
Oh wow .... a part of the beach she hasn't dug up yet!
Between her and the seagulls it was humour overload
The seagull and HIS leaf 
The tide was coming in and one of the seagulls picked up a leaf in the surf.  
Every time a wave washed over him he lost the leaf.

  He’d flap and flutter back to the leaf, pick it up  ... 

AND another wave would wash it out of his beak .... 

and so the cycle continued.

What was so special about THAT particular leaf I’ll never know.  All I do know is that his antics made me laugh.  They even briefly distracted the hound from her trench digging.


She makes people smile in a way I can’t.  I watch their faces as they walk along the boardwalk whilst she’s doing her manic trench-digging act in the sand.  As the bus trundles past I can see the faces of the people on the bus.  Some are smiling and pointing and I know she’s added some sunshine to their day.


Even some of the lycra-clad loonies can’t help but smile when they see this rugby-ball touting hound on her way up to the view site.  She only relinquishes the ball when the going gets tough OR there’s a LOG that just HAS to be carried.  LOGS are fun ..... in her eyes that is .... and you need a HUGE trench to bury a log in!
Oh dear .... it's home time and SOMEONE doesn't want to leave the beach.

After sending Julia on her way to work I returned to the beach with my coffee and sat on the sand whilst the hound dug trenches.  Fraternising with the enemy for my caffeine fix hadn’t been necessary today.  My usual addiction fixing haunt had been open for business with the girls warm friendly greetings and cheerful smiles.  Why on earth would I EVER want to get my coffee elsewhere.


This morning's sunrise ... too gorgeous!
Hercules ... our friend down the road

This village has become ‘home’ in a way I never expected it to.  It’s my little piece of heaven on earth.  This journey I’m on is moulding me, it moulds us all. It’s been exactly what it’s needed to be.  Each and every situation I’ve encountered was necessary.  Each and every person I’ve ever met was relevant for however long or however brief a period of time.  Nothing is wasted.  
I am in the here and now and I’m right on time ...

 .... and I’m smiling, as usual.  It’s my FAVOURITE form of exercise!
This picture has a story ALL of its own.  The hound wanted to chase after WHAT she thought was a BALL in the water.  It's NOT a ball though, it's our friend GOM with his swimming cap on!!  Wouldn't it have been FUN if I'd LET her CATCH the ball!!

No comments: