Wednesday 11 June 2014

Wind .... WHAT wind?

 “I think I fall in love a little bit with anyone who shows me their soul
This world is so guarded and fearful.  
I appreciate rawness so much.” 
~ anon
This was taken on Saturday morning after visiting the significant other ... Waikato River
It’s a menacing brooding body of water out there this morning
 ... courtesy of the storm last night.  
The waves look angry, as if Mother Nature has vented her fury on my world.
More reflections in the Waikato River
There are visible remnants of her displeasure everywhere
 ... discarded branches, broken down fences, uprooted trees.
Debris floats on the waves.
No photos as there's little light this early in the morning.
... and yet more.
When the solid outdoor furniture started dancing across the patio after midnight last night 
I knew the wind had picked up a little.  
When the front door BLEW open I realised it was MORE than just a little.
The youngest two lemmings finally got to see their Dad.
Barricades were necessary.
The very youngest lemming even got to drive.
Sleep DIDN’T come easy.  
The tarpaulin on the scaffolding saw to that.
The cyclone strength winds played havoc with it.
According to MetService winds were gusting across Harbour Bridge at 130kmh.  
The winds even tipped a truck over on the Bridge in the early hours of the morning. 
Rather disgruntled herons at low tide
Cyclone category 1 or 2 would have an average wind speed of 89kmh to 117kmh so that gives some idea of the strength of the front that moved over Auckland last night.
The view out to sea from Churchill Park on Sunday
We DIDN’T lose our power unlike MANY homes further north.
The hound of course took none of this into account 
when it came time for a ramble this morning.
Wind ... WHAT wind?
Whilst I got whipped inside and out at the viewsite, she stood there, 
ears flying like pennants, nose lifted sniffing out the scents on that brisk morning breeze.
She makes me grateful to be alive.
I had a visitor at the shop this morning.
He LOVES to help the customers
If it wasn’t for the hound I’d still be snuggled down 
under the duvet snatching an extra few minutes of sleep.  
Or would I?
It's almost FULL MOON ... fire up those BROOMSTICKS!



No comments: