Sunday 9 February 2014

UNdo the thought of ORDINARY.

“What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything.” 
~ Vincent van Gogh

UNdo the thought of ORDINARY.
They don't like the wind ruffling their feathers.
There’s NO such thing as an ordinary day.  The sun rises at a different time EVERY day,  the tides continually ebb and flow and NEVER at the same time on any two days. That there moon is in a different position in our skies each and every night as it orbits our planet. 

Help Mom ... they want my stick!
Just as each of us have fingerprints which are unique to us as an individual so too do cats and dogs have nose prints that are unique to each of them.  Apparently cows do too.  That snippet of information came courtesy of my friend Google.  No two cheetahs have the same spot pattern, nor do giraffes, and each and every Tiger or Zebra has a different set of stripes.  Every living thing has some form of identification that is unique to them. 
Labrador Puddles with labs of every colour, shape and size!
There IS no such thing as ORDINARY ... and I’m so glad there isn’t.

My UNordinary weekend has been EXTRAordinary.
View of my city from North Head
I get a thrill every time a piece of my Photo Art finds a new home and that’s happening more and more frequently.  This foray into the world of sharing what I love is exciting ... in the extreme!
Browns Bay Market
I have these little shivers going up and down my spine on a regular basis.
It’s mind blowing and anything BUT ordinary.

The hound is anything BUT ordinary too.

Her eyes speak volumes ... as do the sand sprinkles.
(love that description ... thanks Sharon!)

You can take the hound out of the beach but you can’t take the beach out of the hound. 
Sand sprinkles are part and parcel of who she is ... especially after weekends like this one.
Gazillions of kisses!
Browns Bay beach
She’s explored beaches AND waves on both sides of the bridge ... sometimes illicitly.  
She’s climbed a multitude of stairs to view the city from both North Head and the Joseph Savage Memorial Park.  
She’s also shown me that my waterproof shoes are NOT so waterproof after all ... and neither are the significant other's.
View of my city from Joseph Savage Memorial Park
They wouldn’t be I guess when they're sumberged in the waves.
It’s been a weekend of sunshine, wind, markets, long rambles and wading in the waves.  
It’s been QUITE magical. 

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find them.” 
~  Roald Dahl

I believe in magic!
Joseph Savage Memorial Park

No comments: