Sunday 7 July 2013

Wounded AGAIN by a hound ... MINE this time!


Laughter makes the world go round.

When your world stops turning, for reasons too humungous to think about, you HAVE to laugh.  Laughter is healthy, it’s good for the soul and rights a thousand wrongs.
Stopped at the yacht basin on our way to Orewa to take photos of the sun rise reflecting in the waves 
Without laughter life would be melancholy and meaningless.
Add caption

It’s an antidote to stress - a mind and body balancer 
- an immune system booster .... we need to BOTTLE this stuff!
Some people need HEAPS of it
Orewa Market this morning
.  I had a customer in the shop last week who’d forgotten how to smile.  She’s one of those people who would have benefited hugely if we were able to sell bottled laughter. No matter how pleasantly I spoke, how much I smiled, how nice I was, she remained grimly grumpity.  

Her young man in the pushchair was a different kettle of fish.  He had a smile that lit up the world. 
He could have taught his Mom a lesson or two about the niceties of life. 
He DIDN’T need NO bottle of laughter.
The hound doesn’t either.

She’s my laughter generating machine and it’s NOT just me she makes laugh either.
Part of the puddle
Her antics on the beach have me in stitches even though at times it’s not always what she does that generates the laughter.  Take Friday for instance.  We had a puddle of Labradors on the beach all eagerly chasing one another through the waves.

My hound, as is her wont, had a log ... a rather large knobbly one .... which she wanted flung in the waves.  Larger logs are more difficult to fling.  You need more space to build up momentum and you need the hounds to be in front of you, not behind or to the side of you.  My hound knows this ... her beach buddies don’t.
Bailey .... all of 8 months old and LOVING the water!
Bella racing up the beach to say Hello .... she's manic!

Time after time after time I flung this log of hers into the waves.  Each time I flung it there was a gasp from the gathering of humans on the beach as the log JUST skimmed the heads of their Labradors and landed in the waves in front of them.  They were all expecting the log to land ON the head of one of the Labs.  It didn’t though but their gasps everytime I threw the log made me laugh.  I was the only one NOT concerned about where the log was going to land.
Yep .... the gasp leads to chuckles as they register that I HAVEN'T decapitated any of their hounds!
The log did cause SOME damage though ... but not to ANY of the hounds.  For the second time this year I’ve ended up being WOUNDED by a hound ... quite unintentionally of course.  
My hound was the culprit this time.  My hound and THAT log.
THE log ... with all the knobbly bits.
She swung it round in a circle and one of the knobbly bits embedded itself in my leg.  BIG ouch and lots of blood.  Par for the course though where injuries to myself are concerned, I’m self-medicating and will brave A+E if the wound still looks so ugly on Monday.

Indy getting ready to go hoovering!
Tug-of-war with Jet ... another Labrador we met on the beach

Turned into a gorgeous day at Orewa

No comments: