Friday 26 April 2013

Those SHEEP are so pathetically cute!


“Being creative is not a hobby, it is a way of life.” 
~ Stephanie Ackerman
The hound at the Memorial on the boardwalk
I DON’T have ENOUGH time in my day!  
That is a light bulb moment.  

I have SO many ideas, so many things I want to TRY, so many things I want to MAKE but I’m always running out of minutes to make them in!
The start of my reflection fetish this morning.
This morning for instance, I found a knitting pattern for some cute fluffy sheep.  
I don’t NEED any cute fluffy sheep but I so WANT to make some.  No, let’s change  that 
I HAVE to make some!”  
I have NO idea what I’m going to do with them but I just know I have to make some.

In the words of the oldest lemming “Those sheep are SO pathetically cute!”
Photo courtesy of Flutterby Patch
I’m my own worst enemy.
All those baby spiders have eaten their way out of the nest.
Take my photography for instance.  I’m as bad at snapping away with my camera as I am at using a multitude of unnecessary words. I take way TOO many photos and then have to spend hours and hours editing and deleting them.  Wouldn’t it just be easier to take FEWER photos?
Such an awesome reflection!

This morning is a case in point.  I went to Waiatarua for the first time in several weeks.  The hound and I have been keeping our distance from Waiatarua as the vet felt it could be the grasses and pollens there that were causing an allergic skin reaction she’s suffering from. Five weeks later and she’s still erupting in these little hives DESPITE not having been to Waiatarua.  I guess the grasses and pollens are NOT the culprit after all.
Savvy, the Bernaise Mountain Dog we met at the reserve today
I digress though ... back to photography and my penchant for taking too many photos.  The reflections were STUNNING this morning and I just couldn’t help myself.  It’s like an addiction .... I just HAVE to keep clicking away.  One more photo is just not enough.
Not too sure why she's looking so guilty
Same thing when we happened upon the Black Swan.  I’d just been saying to Julia that we hadn’t seen the swans at Waiatarua recently when out of nowhere up popped the head of one of the swans.  He was all on his lonesome and I’m sure it’s one of the babies I was photographing towards the end of last year.
The Black Swan, popping up from the grass!
He must have got used to photo shoots though because he swanned over ....yes, that’s what swans do .... and posed beautifully for us.  He is absolutely gorgeous .... the light was perfect, the setting was perfect and HE is perfect!

Once again I took WAY too many photos.

This is me though.  This is the way I express my insane inner self.  My words, my photography, my inability to know when to stop trying to fit too many things into too few hours.  This is MY way of life and I LOVE it.  I love the chaos I create.  I love the humour in the madness that is this life.  

I wouldn’t have it any other way ...

.... even though there aren’t ENOUGH minutes in my day yet to make those pathetically cute little sheep!


Indy, having a good swim!







No comments: