Wednesday 24 April 2013

Hounds and caffeine drive me nutty!


These hounds and their caffeine.  It’s driving me nutty!

Zak and Indy had already driven the residents of Maheke Road nutty with their barking whilst we were waiting for our caffeine fix this morning.  
I blame Lance.  

They were all sitting quietly outside the Co-op ... all the hounds that is except MY hound.  I went out to see what her problem was and told her to sit.  She sat but the bum wouldn’t stay on the ground and the tail was wagging nineteen to the dozen.  I looked behind me to see WHO or WHAT had got her attention and saw Lance encouraging her to run to him!

No wonder she wouldn’t sit still.

Lance arrived and chaos ensued.  ALL the hounds wanted his attention.  Indy and Zak were trying to outdo each other VOCALLY.  They were convinced Lance would  give the most vocal of them his attention.  
Even my hound joined in!

These kind of things ALWAYS happen when the Co-op’s busy and the coffee’s taking longer than usual to make. I think the Co-op’s customers and Maheke Road residents breathed a sigh of relief when we took the hounds in hand and departed.

The fun wasn’t over yet though.  That bright and beautiful rainbow we’d seen on the beach fulfilled it’s promise ... it bought the rain.  As we crossed the road, it started and necessitated a stop to don rain gear and put the camera away.  It’s impossible to put a rain coat on whilst holding a cup of piping hot coffee so I put my coffee DOWN on the pavement.

Wrong move.

Between my hound and Indy they somehow managed to knock the cup over and that liquid gold spilled out .... all over the pavement.  I think it was more MY hound than Indy.  There I was thinking she was SO angelic ... a butter wouldn’t melt in the mouth” kind of hound.  I think my judgement’s a tad warped.

That first caffeine fix is a very necessary and very crucial part of my morning.  I don’t function properly without it ... in fact, I don’t function at all.  It’s like a permanent on-switch and keeps me buzzing all day.
Lizzie the Vzsla
“Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee!” 
~ Stephanie Piro

Ain’t there just!!
Buttercup the Pomeranian

No comments: