Thursday 31 January 2013

I'm confused ... and it's NOT just because I'm blonde!

Hounds in sync!

“A brilliant light is within me. My job is to let it SHINE!!
~ courtesy of FB page ‘An affirmation a day’
That there moon in my morning sky!
It had to happen. I jinxed the weather. I should have known better than to wax lyrical about the glorious summer we’ve been having.
Gorgeous reflections this morning.


My early morning’s aren’t QUITE as bright as they used to be. That there sun’s already started it’s long trek back to the Northern Hemisphere and each morning’s sun rise is a minute or two later than the day before. It’s funny how much more notice I take of the Sun and the Moon’s position in the sky since I started my early morning rambles with the hound.

Despite the early morning cloud coverage the rest of the day has been beautiful .... albeit windy.
The Oyster Catchers DON'T like being stalked!
Butterflies struggle to flutter by when it’s windy.  I’m watching them from my desk as I’m writing this and they’re getting whooshed every which way but the direction in which they were trying to fly.
 It’s rather amusing .... for me that is .... not the butterfly.
.... nor does the Heron.

The gulls did a good job with this.

Sam the Man was delighted to see the hound and I this morning and the two of them couldn’t wait to get to Waiatarua.  The level of the noise in the car rises the closer we get to the reserve.  Sam’s as vocal as Indy and his excitement is contagious. My hound can’t help but join in .... with her warble!  She’s hilarious .... she doesn’t bark like Indy, or whine like Sam .... she has a long burbling warble which rises in intensity the more excited she gets!

It’s like taking young children to a playground. The two of them are bubbling with enthusiasm and glee as they pick up EACH other’s rugby balls.  Yep, the hound INSISTS on having Sam’s Hurricanes rugby ball.  As we begin our ramble around the reserve they quite literally BOUNCE along the path in front of us.


I’m hoping the hound’s fascination with the Hurricanes rugby ball doesn’t translate into them winning the Super Rugby tournament this year. She had a penchant for the Chiefs rugby ball last year and look what happened to them ... they beat my Sharks in the Final.  I can’t possibly have her supporting the winning team AGAIN this year .... that just wouldn’t do!


This ISN'T Sam .... it's another Golden Lab that decided to help the hound retrieve her ball.
She was NOT impressed!
I know Carol would be happy.

Maybe I should try and get a Sharks rugby ball .... would be interesting to see which ball she’d choose to carry.

4 month old Guide Dog Puppy making friends at the dog pond.

Yay for Super Rugby!  This year’s tournament begins on 15th Feb and I can’t wait. Early morning rugby watching will be the order of the day .... or should that be night. With all 3 countries falling in different time zones it must be extremely difficult providing an accurate schedule of start times of all the matches.  Daylight saving only adds to the confusion. South Africa’s the only country of the 3 that DOESN’T have daylight saving and Queensland has a different daylight saving schedule to New South Wales. Add in to the mix that Perth is in a different time zone to Sydney and you have a recipe for disaster as far as the accuracy of the schedule is concerned!
Making friends 'doggy style'
I’m confused just talking about it .... and it’s not JUST because I’m blonde!
My stalking chased the Oyster Catchers away
A friend posted this quotation this evening .... my evening .... and, having chatted to her earlier and caught up on her news, it’s just so relevant to life and our approach to living it.
“Let every moment be what it’s going to be.  What’s meant to be will come your way.
What’s not will fall away.” 
~ Mandy Hale
Clouds and moon ... my kind of beautiful.

Another OLDER Golden Lab that joined us at the pond
Hmmmm ..... and she sneaks in everywhere!

No comments: