Sunday 16 September 2012

These legs are usually made for walking ...


These legs are usually made for walking ..... but today they’re inordinately tired. Would that I could find an instantly working elixir that banishes tiredness from my bones!!

Caffeine works .... but there’s only so much caffeine I’m supposed to drink .... otherwise I bounce apparently. I think bouncing’s ok but my fandamily, yep - those folks I live with, don’t always agree.


I guess drowning my sorrows at my Bokke’s loss to the Flightless Fowls hasn’t helped much either. The majority of supporters in the Pub last night were Flightless Fowls supporters and they sure know how to shout! Noise levels were at an all-time high ... except when my Bokke scored .... and then WE made all the noise. We are passionate Bokke supporters ... even when they’re losing.


I still don’t understand why Ruan Pienaar kicks away possession all the time and why my man Lambie’s not being given the opportunity to play. If the Bokke aren’t going to use him then why not send him back to SA to bolster the Sharks in their Currie Cup campaign. Alternatively of course, they could send back some of the Blue Bulls players ... there’s an awful lot of them in the squad.


According to Rob Houwing, a sports reporter for Sport 24, it's still possible for SA to win the Rugby Championship .... IF .... and it's a BIG if, they win both their matches back in SA convincingly and IF the Pumas beat the Flightless Fowls in their match in Argentina. It's a SLIM chance ..... a VERY slim chance.

Right .... rant over about the rugby ..... for now!

It’s been wet and blustery this weekend just like the weatherman forecast. How come can he be so right when forecasting lousy weather but so wrong when he forecasts blissful weather? 


The wind and the rain kept everyone indoors on Saturday. Our market in St. Heliers was poorly attended but despite that, my sales were really good and I took two orders for commissioned work. Little by little I’m starting to develop a customer base ... it’s exciting and hugely confidence-boosting!


Snuggling down in bed when the rain’s beating on the roof is a delicious sensation and not one that I can succumb to during the week. Sundays however are different. There’s no time constraints on our ramble and no specific route we need to follow, apart from ensuring we’re off the beach with the hound before 10. We weren’t the only late ramblers this morning though ... Brian and Niko were late too.






He loves to climb in the bags when we've been shopping.

We headed up to Glover Park only to find it awash with water. The fields are sodden and the pathways slippery. Stepping off the path to kick the ball results in a shower of water and mud flying up everywhere. No-one and nothing escapes the mud splatter ... not even Gav. 

Suitably muddied, two fixes of caffeine and a pastry for sustenance and I’m starting to feel more normal. Don’t anyone EVER try and suggest I give up caffeine!



No comments: