Thursday 20 September 2012

I had an epiphany today .... a rugby epiphany!


I had an epiphany today .... one of those visions when all of a sudden everything becomes crystal clear!

Sam, the wannabee Chocolate Hound wants to be a Bokke! I don’t think I should tell Carol that .... not just yet.

I don’t know why I didn’t see this before. After all, he’s an Aussie hound AND he loves  rugby. Don’t all Aussie rugby players “wannabee” part of my Bokke's team?


His delight in carrying my hound’s South African ball around Waiatarua this morning was palpable .... I could FEEL his excitement. My hound, for some unfathomable reason, chose to take her Bokke ball out on our ramble. She doesn’t normally do that .... it’s the Welsh ball she usually lets Sam play with. Today though, she introduced him to the SOUTH AFRICAN ball and he LOVED it!
Shags warming up in the early morning sunshine
I believe in fairy tales and miracles. I believe my Bokke are going to whip the Wannabees and the Flightless Fowls when they next play them at home ... and I think Sam believes that too!

I’m still puzzled at my hound’s fascination with Sam’s Chiefs rugby ball though.


I got told by a friend today that I bring sunshine where there is none, cause it follows me around .... that’s not really true. What IS true is that I choose to see good in almost everything .... even the Chiefs rugby ball .... that’s just the way I approach life.

I believe that everyone has a right to life, a right to love, a right to be happy.

Indy on the beach this morning

It would be remiss of me not to add that my life’s not perfect. Despite my positive approach to life, the difficulties I face can sometimes be overwhelming. In the words of Mike Dooley though “We are all supernatural, indomitable joy-bound gladiators of love ...  supercoolhappylovethings.”  We can overcome anything.

If Mike Dooley was a hound he’d tell our hounds to think of themselves as supercoolhappylovehounds .... and they would, especially when they’re rambling with rugby balls in their mouths.

Labradors are definitely a DIFFERENT breed. Ours just don’t do the CHASE thingy with other hounds .... even when the other hounds pinch their rugby balls. 


Sam couldn’t understand why Shadow, a lean lithe cross Border Collie, was running away with ‘HIS’ ball .... the Bokke ball. He wanted it back and every time he went to take it off Shadow, Shadow would run away. Shadow couldn’t understand why Sam wouldn’t chase him ... it’s a GAME .... you’re meant to chase me.


Sam’s a true-blue Labrador through and through though. He, like my hound, LOVES to carry something in his mouth .... wether it be a log, a rugby ball or any other kind of ball. Retrieving is what he does .... it’s instinctive .... and he was trying to tell Shadow he DIDN’T do CHASE .... not unless it’s chasing a rugby ball that’s bouncing through the waves or over the grass.

Sam was just being WHAT he IS.

.... and a final word from a cancer survivor about life:

“Go out and pursue your dreams. Make a difference in the world - or to one person. Be around people who make you happy. LIVE your life! Don’t put it off.” 
~ Jim Willett - Optimism Revolution.






Shiloh also wanted to play with the Bokke ball
Yes .... this is my FAVOURITE ball!
That hound is NOT  having MY ball!

No comments: