Thursday 16 February 2012

... the husband won by default as the hound died.


Such a cute Indy!

Another glorious morning .... a nip in the air as I exit the house ... hound eagerly pulling at the leash as we head down the road.  She knows just where we’re going ... she knows exactly who we’re going to meet .... and exactly how to get there.  No hesitation as we hit the corner .... she knows that when we walk this early we 
turn right, along Carol’s road,  towards Ladies Bay and not down to the village.  She is just so smart .... she knows we’re on our way to meet Julia and Indy!


Depending on Sebastian’s alarm clock, we sometimes meet him heading out for his morning ablutions as we pass his abode.
I just love these sun rises ... it's like the sky's on fire!


Wouldn't be complete without a picture of my tree!
We say a friendly hello to the lady with the push-chair who’s taking her elderly hound for his morning stroll ... there’s no child in the push-chair ... it’s for the hound when they come back up the hill.  It tugs at my heart-strings whenever I see her ... her dedication and love for her hound is as intense and special as Carol’s 
love for Sebastian. They are people after my own heart ... they love their hounds and, just because they’re old - the hounds that is, doesn’t mean their quality of life and enjoyment of it should be diminished in any way whatsoever. 


These are the kind of people that populate my world
... the people I’ve become friends with .... people with heart and compassion ... people who care.


It was the same on the beach ... I stopped to chat to a lady who was amused by the hound’s antics with her mini-ball.  She was a bit 
Indy's pinched her baby ball!
apprehensive though of Chocolat coming too close ... but only because she had two ... yes TWO .... artificial legs!  Her doctor had advocated walking on the sand to help with balance and strength ... so walk on the sand she does.  She used to have a chocolate hound and, tongue in cheek, said she’d had to choose between the hound and her husband ... the husband won by default as the hound died!  One wonders what would have happened had the hound not died ..... hmmmmm


I’m overwhelmed by the support I’ve had from my fellow humans with hounds, and some humans without hounds, with regard to my fine. They’re all as aggrieved as I am and eagerly await the outcome of my objection. Offers of character references have flooded in ... I knew the Dog By-Laws and enforcement of them were a sensitive issue, but hadn’t realised just HOW sensitive an issue it has become.


There have been suggestions of organising a protest on the beach .... a march to the Council Offices with Sebastian heading up the march - could be a slow march .... drawing up a petition to ban GOM’s and GOB’s from the 
boardwalk and beach ..... tying up the Dog Warden with our long ropes.  Whilst there’s a touch of humour in some of these suggestions ... and we do try and laugh about how small-minded and petty certain individuals are .... there’s an unpleasant side to it as well.  


We shouldn’t have to be considering taking action ... the Dog Wardens should have the discretion to enforce the law if it’s necessary but to take into account the circumstances surrounding the alleged breach of the law.  My hound, despite me not holding her leash, was under control, sitting quietly 
next to the bench when the Dog Warden decided I’d broken the law.  I’ve seen people struggling to hold, sometimes unsuccessfully, more aggressive hounds on the beach but, according to the law, the hound is deemed to be ‘under control’ because someone is holding the leash ... it’s absurd and makes a mockery of 
the very laws the Dog Wardens are trying to uphold.


To all the wonderful people out there who’ve sprung to my defense ... and who I know read my blog .... thank you so much for your friendship and your support .... my daily rambles wouldn’t be the same without you all in them!





















2 comments:

Cheyne Masterten-Smith said...

hmmmmmmmmm........the animals or me. I have heard this before :) :) Love the lady and the push chair. Yayness the world is made special by people like that.

Chocolat and Co said...

It sure is Smiles .... she's out there at the crack of dawn every morning giving her beloved hound his daily walk ... I get such a lift from it. :)