Tuesday 24 January 2012

Don't anyone DARE put a DAMPER on my ramble today ...


Last night's artwork in the sky!

A rather uneventful start to the week .... “sigh of relief”.... after the antics and excitement of last week. Saturday afternoon’s walk on Ladies Bay with Suzanne and the hounds was an eye-opener of note. Ladies Bay is BUSY on sunny afternoons ... and not just with nudists ... lots of people swimming, fishing, sun bathing etc. but it WAS one of the nudists that gave us an eye-opening display .... and caused us to giggle all the way home!  Hmmm .... it made us wonder if there was any substance to the myth that black men are more abundantly blessed than others ....
Indy racing around the rocks


Today it’s been another AWESOME day in my bay ... the second in a row where the sun has glowed favourably on us from high .... I just LOVE days like this.  There’s definitely a nip in the air when we leave for our early morning ramble with Julia ... and especially so this morning as there was very little cloud cover. 
There’s something magical about these early mornings .... they’re full of promise .... breath-takingly ethereal as the sun’s rays touch the top of the trees and bring light to my city. I find myself almost skipping along ...... don’t anyone DARE put a damper on my ramble today!


On mornings like this I don’t care what the world throws at me .... I can cope with anything ... even GOMen!'


Indy lived up to his name today ... he wasn’t interested in swimming ... way too many interesting scents ... here, there and in EVERY direction! Indy should have been a sniffer dog for the Border Patrol ... he can sniff out food or the remains of it ANYWHERE .... he has a 5-star scent identifier in his nose!!  


He explores and Chocolat swims ... and digs holes to Australia  ... think she quite fancies the land of kangaroos, boomerangs and wombats.  The one thing I remember about Australia when I was growing up was that it was at the opposite end of the world ... when I was in the UK that is ..... and that if I dug a hole deep enough, I’d eventually get there.  Pity the spade broke before I dug very far ... maybe that’s why kids get given plastic spades ... adults want to perpetuate the belief that you can’t dig to the other end of the world!  Just imagine how far I’d have gone with a decent spade.


The hound got to ramble with TWO canine friends today ... after leaving Julia and Indy at the bottom of their road, we headed back to the beach to wait for Suzanne and Bella.  Bella loves swimming almost as much as my hound .... possibly even more so.  She swam from one end of the bay to the other with Suzanne throwing sticks in front of her in the water ... this is the 'ADD'  hound of the dog world! 


Back to Australia ... it’s very much on my mind at the moment ..... it’s that time of year when the Australian Open is played and I LOVE tennis .... almost as much as I LOVE rugby!  I am so miffed .... envious really .... very VERY envious of my friend Carol (of Sebastian fame).  She’s heading across the ditch to Melbourne on Thursday to watch the mens' semi-finals .... I’m not sure if she’s going to the finals too .... irrelevant really, she’ll probably get to see my hero in action - I am JUST so green!


The tennis added a huge dose of humour to my day  ... we watched the Legends Game between Goran Ivanisovich/Pat Cash and Wayne Arthurs/Thomas Muster.  Goran Ivanisovich had the crowd in stitches ... hes a comedian of note .... and is still able to play some magnificent shots whilst hamming it up for the crowd.  


He coached the other 3 players from the side lines .... allowed Cash to play their opposition on his own ..... teamed up with the opposition against Cash .... gave his racket to a Ball boy for him to play a point .... what an absolute treat!  How the umpire managed to keep a straight face and accurate scoring is beyond me .... it was an hilarious match.  Not surprisingly it was lost by Cash and Ivanisovic.


I had a thought that the tennis was distracting me from my mission this week ... which is preparing for the market on Monday of this long weekend ..... and then I remembered that doing what I love is just as important as doing what’s necessary.  So, in between preparing more stock for the market ... and doing all the creative bits I love so much .... I’m going to keep right on watching that tennis!


Yep .... it's official .... she thinks I'm insane ....

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I get quite homesick looking at the beautiful pictures on NZ Carol, however I do not miss the weather - just love Aussie days ... love your dogs, they are gorgeous!!! Did you bring them over from SA? When we moved from NZ to AU we took our cats with - we were not going to leave them behind ... so they are very expensive moggies (as the Aussies call them) ...

Chocolat and Co said...

Thanks Mandy ... glad you like the pics. I only have the one hound, Chocolat ... I walk every day with a friend who owns one of the others that's often in my photos, Indy. I got Chocolat when I arrived here .. needed something to help me settle .. and she's been amazing. Most of the new friends I've made are "humans with hounds" that I've met whilst walking her every day. She's now 2 and a half and is my permanent shadow!